Having long hair - my experience and tips


Ever since I can remember, I have always dreamed of having long, luscious hair. Unfortunately for me, when I was little my hair used to fall out a lot so my mom always had to cut it very short.
After that, when I was in high-school I began to dye it; in one short year I had gone from natural chestnut to fiery red and then to blonde; after 6 months of being a blonde I reverted back to red. On top of the monthly dyeing treatment, I didn't like my wavy hair so I regularly straightened it. In 2010 my hair was so frail and damaged that I had to cut half of it, in the hopes of making it healthier. 


3 years have passed since then and as you can see from the picture, my hair has grown quite a bit. I feel very happy every day because this is the longest my hair has ever been. And aside from being quite long, now I can finally say that it is healthy as well.
The tricks I used in these 3 years?
  • I stopped dyeing it
  • I started washing my hair only once a week (I know this may seem gross for some but believe me, it is not. My hair is not greasy at all, if it weren't for the dust I encounter daily outside, I would probably feel the need to wash it even less frequently)
  • Homemade masks were my best friends. If you make a mask from stuff you have in your own kitchen you know there are no chemicals and thus it cannot harm your hair.  Click here to find some great masks!
  • Supplements help. Vitamins and minerals are essential for beautiful hair, skin and nails; I took Omega 3 supplements and that improved the quality and growth spurt of my locks.

I think those are the only things I did on a regular basis these past years. 

But what to do when you don’t have that much time on your hands or you simply cannot grow your hair? The most common solution is hair extensions! They’re easy to acquire, simple to apply and highly adaptable to your needs. Not only do they add length, they can also add texture and shape and can be purchased online, in the comfort of your home. 
If you’re going this route and are looking for hair extensions online, I recommend  www.seekhair.co.ukThey offer a variety of hair extension techniques, from clip-ins to pre-bonded and everything in between. They also have many colors, lengths and styles to choose from and if you still can’t find the right color for you, a quick visit to the hairdresser will solve that problem, as they can be easily dyed. 
The website also provides a hair care instruction page and a How to Apply one as well if you are trying this at home. 

So don't hesitate if you want to have your dream come true, of having long, full hair!

5 comments:

  1. You have such pretty hair :))

    Kisses from Poland
    http://blond-yasmin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, if only I would follow any:) it's so hard not to wash you're hair, when they are surely very greasy at the beginning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love you with short and long hair , both looks great!
    btw you have very beautiful hair :)
    Great tps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide if I want to grow my hair out or keep it short - but thanks for the tips. Being kind to your hair is the best thing you can do for it.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty long, curly hair! Thanks for the tips!
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete

Color me RED fashion blog - one girl, many outfits.

Love, Roxx~